Thursday, June 25, 2009

Do more sales calls make you a better salesman?

DO MORE SALES CALLS MAKE A BETTER SALESMAN?


Does more activity give you more sales?


Well the answer is yes, and the answer is no.

More sales calls *can* bring you more sales.

If you have a systematic method for qualifying your
prospects, generating interest and desire, and getting
commitments then, yes, more sales calls equals more sales.

If on the other hand, you have a haphazard approach to
selling with no firm rules about who you will sell to, and
who you will NOT sell to, then making more sales calls will
not necessarily give your more sales.

How about becoming a better salesman?

Will more calls make you better?

Yes, more calls will make you better IF you are observant
about what's working and what isn't. And if you are always
studying and testing out new methods and skills to see what
can and what actually does make a difference for you
personally.

One of the habits I got into early on in my sales career was
to debrief with my sales partners after every call.

Being in business sales of computer hardware and software
systems, I almost always had a technical sales support rep
with me, or a manager, and sometimes both.

After every call, I would debrief with who ever went on the
call with me about what each person did well, what we
missed, and what we could have done better.

By doing that debrief, I and my partners got better over
time.

And if done when a manager was there, I am sure I got
unspoken bonus points for being the kind of guy who is
always trying to improve.

So what are you doing to improve your sales right now?

Discover the fastest way to get prospects motivated to buy
from you and fill your pipeline with deals that you can
close 90% of the time right here...

No comments:

Post a Comment